Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ippy for a Hippie-More News for Saving Erasmus fans

Yesterday the awards were announced for the Independent Publishers Book Festival. Saving Erasmus won a Gold Medal in the category of Religious Fiction. Since I work at Omega Institute which was started by “hippies” in the late 70’s one of my co-workers commented that it was an “Ippy for a Hippie”. The link is: http://www.independentpublisher.com/article.php?page=1231


• I will be interviewed on July 8th on the radio talk show, Spiritually Speaking, which airs out of Vassar College. Spiritually Speaking examines the intersections between engagement with the world and living a life of meaning. It airs live from Vassar College on WVKR, 91.3, Tuesdays from 5-6pm (new time starting 5/20). You can listen to previous shows by clicking on the link Spiritually Speaking on www.uucckingston.org. I’ll keep you posted as to when the interview will air. (one would think it would be on the 8th)

• On June 9th, I will be part of the main bill at the Colony Café in Woodstock, NY.
I’ll be reading poetry from as unyet published compilation, Dear God, or Whatever Your Name is Now, from One of Your Carbon Units.

• I continue to facilitate a weekend workshop at Omega for Rest and Relaxation participants. It is called Spiritual Humor. It’s been quite a blessing to be part of the discussions.

• The Laundarette Contest continues. I might have been confusing, but the goal is to name where the picture was taken. So far no one has been correct….

• I have joined AuthorsDen. Check out their website and you can read a little more of my writings on that site (www.authorsden.com).








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If a wide search is made on the internet, services can
be utilized easily that are provided by them.
Talking of the walking dead, congratulations to Hugh Hefner, who is getting married at
age 84 to 24-year-old beauty Crystal Harris. With this online store you need not worry
about being fooled because the site is accorded security.


Take a look at my blog latest celeb news